No one wants to experience dealing with a fire. Whether it happens to a residence or a business establishment, it is something that people would want to avoid. That is the main reason that strict fire regulations are in place. It aims to help minimise the possibility of a fire breaking out.
Despite the strict regulations, government statistics here in the UK showed that about 22,000 non dwelling fires occurred in 2014-2014. About 10 % of that number happened in cafes, restaurants, and take-aways. Many of those cases were caused by hot grease igniting in a kitchen extract system.
Suffering from a fire is not only potentially life threatening but can also be disastrous from a business standpoint. That’s because the restaurant concerned will need to cease operation while it is being repaired and restored.
[caption id="attachment_373" align="aligncenter" width="474"]
Before and After for Duct Cleaning[/caption]
We recommend the following steps to keep their establishments safe.
• Comply strictly with standards. All buildings are legally required to undergo a Fire Risk Assessment, according to The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005. All identified hazards have to be controlled, minimised, or removed where possible. FPA insurance guidance and regulations as well as the Health and Safety Executive also requires kitchen extract systems be kept clean in order to minimise hazards. Those who fail to comply with the orders would be fined and have their insurance cover withdrawn. There is also the chance of being imprisoned.
• Maintenance of your fire suppression system. These systems need to be serviced bi-annually. Also, the caps on the discharge nozzles must be regularly checked to make that the openings are free from being clogged by dirt and grease.
• A registered commercial cleaner is the one who should regularly clean your kitchen extract system. Trust only kitchen extract and duct cleaning experts. Frequency of the cleaning is dependent on the volume of meals prepared and the type of food that’s prepared.
• Your staff must be properly trained. They must be aware of where the extinguishers are located and should also know how to use them. All of them should be knowledgeable about using the fire suppression system and what to do in case of emergency, according to your emergency evacuation plan.
• Be aware of the basics. Use only the right type of extinguisher. Walkways have to be kept clear at all times. Storage areas should be uncluttered. Make sure combustibles are kept away from hot surfaces. A thorough cleaning plan for all equipment, grills, and ovens has to be established and observed often.
[caption id="attachment_374" align="aligncenter" width="550"]
With Kitchen & Duct Cleaning Limited, you get one of the country’s leading providers of kitchen deep cleaning on a commercial level. Our specialist service ensures that you get high quality kitchen equipment cleaning that top London restaurants and hotels enjoy. Our deep cleaning kitchen services helps you keep up with the required standards that other cleaning and hygiene companies simply won’t be able to provide. So don’t take the risk and call us today on 0208 245 8850.